PDA

View Full Version : Voice Comm Issues

Vinotauro
08-01-2012, 06:42 AM
I can talk into the mic just fine - I have buddies tell me that they can hear me...

However I can't hear other people talk. I have everyone's volume turned up and I don't have VoIP disabled. My ventrilo also works fine. Any ideas? Voice chat is crucial in this game and without it, I feel like I'm playing with bots.

Vinotauro
08-01-2012, 07:03 PM
My mic works just fine but I cant hear anyone else as if its completely muted. My voip isnt disabled in the menu and no one is muted & everyones volume up as well. My ventrilo works fine and what not. My friends do not have this issue

[UBI]ChemZero[CM]
08-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Check your master volume slider and make sure you didn't plug in your headset after launching GRO.

Creep
08-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Do you have your mic on push to talk? I know my alt key used to stick, and since my mic was open, I couldn't hear anyone else. This could also be an issue if your mic is not on PTT and is picking up ambient noise.

[UBI]Torrent[GM]
08-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Hi Vinotauro,

We are aware of some issues with voice chat. I'll definitely make note of this issue in my report for the day. I apologize for the inconvenience Vinotauro and let us know if you have any further issues. Thanks.

Vinotauro
08-06-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm not a dummy, all volume is turned up, no one is muted, my stuff is plugged in properly. This is the first game I've played so far where the VOIP simply doesn't work for me. I even turned off my firewalls and tried opening ports. Nothing is working.

I was going to buy some Ghost Coins but I think I'll wait since playing without communication is a pain.

Turionuss
08-15-2012, 12:38 PM
I have this same problem, cant here anyone.

Ipodhunting
08-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Not to add to the pile since not many are reporting in this thread but I too have voice chat issues. Before matches start I've been going to settings and turning all my team mates up to 100% on audio under comms, but more often than not I'm seeing the screen indicator that someone is talking but not hearing them at all. I don't really have any suggestions on how to make it so we can test talking before the match is going but would love to be able to confirm a working chat.

fsb
08-23-2012, 10:11 AM
Same here. Can't here anyone.

Achillespecies
08-27-2012, 10:25 PM
i found out one problem with the voice chat.... it conflicts with any other voip programs running like Teamspeak and Skype if they are running...
you can only VOIP on either one... either ur GRO voip works but ur teamspeak fails, or teamspeak works and GRO voip fails... the program that launched first will have rights to the mic...

seems its a sound card issue as my othre friends can use teamspeak and gro voice chat with no problems...

im using an Asus Xonar Phoebus soundcard

[UBI]Torrent[GM]
08-28-2012, 11:29 PM
Hi guys,

If you're playing outside of the supported region, it's a possibility this is the cause of your VOIP issues. It wouldn't hurt to update your drivers. Here's a link you can use. If you continue to have issues, be sure to send us a support ticket. http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14/p/88/session/L3RpbWUvMTMxNzgyOTgyOS9zaWQvZlNrT1pPRms%3D.

To find out what type of video card you have in your system, you will need to access the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.

1) Click Start and select Run.

2) Type DXDIAG and click OK

3) When the window pops up, click on the Display Tab

4) This tab will provide full information on your video card.

snoopyau
08-30-2012, 02:35 AM
I use Mumble VOIP gaming software and ALT built in gaming voice

Do you guys have the headset or mic on default for Windows ?
Do you have a second sound device eg two sound cards or sound card and headset or headset and hdmi video sound

I dont think GRO allows you to CHOOSE what MIC you want , it just uses the default it finds

Cortexian
08-30-2012, 03:56 AM
It uses the Windows default communications device.

BiscuitBoots
09-04-2012, 12:03 PM
So I've been playing GRO for almost a week and I found a problem that I don't think everyone is having.
I know that there's a voice comm which is pretty convenient to communicate with your teammates instead of typing,
but every time I see someone talk (pressing ALT and sees his name on the left), I don't hear anything at all.
I've tried restarting the game and disable and re-able the voice comm but it didn't work at all.
What is causing me to not hear other players' voice comm? Are there any solutions to solve this problem?

[UBI]Akik4ze[GM]
09-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Sometimes the firewall or antivirus can mess with voice comm, make sure that whichever you use isn't what is causing the problem. Also make sure that you have the correct ports open, TCP ports 80 and 3074.

Tully
09-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Also make sure voice comm volume is turned up in game audio settings, the default setting is too quiet to hear.

Qpon
09-07-2012, 11:31 PM
I am having voice com probs..I have played for weeks no issue..then today I cant hear ANYONE...and yes I even turned every single person up in options

Shade-
09-07-2012, 11:55 PM
There are times when your anti-virus or firewall will block out Vcomms, it is a known issue however and we are working to get it resolved as quickly as possible. We want to thank you for your patience while we keep working on this issue.

Qpon
09-08-2012, 12:47 AM
Shade[GM];17433']There are times when your anti-virus or firewall will block out Vcomms, it is a known issue however and we are working to get it resolved as quickly as possible. We want to thank you for your patience while we keep working on this issue. those are disabled and still no voice...Looks like a copy and paste reply :(

Need a real fix...something changed with the patch

Qpon
09-08-2012, 01:59 AM
Ok, people hear me on my mic..but I cant hear them..LOL what is going on

Qpon
09-08-2012, 02:39 AM
I fixed the mic problem woot

Shade-
09-08-2012, 03:18 AM
Glad to hear that your back up and running Qpon, and I know that it sounds like a copy-paste I assure you I came up with that one all on my own.

circle
09-08-2012, 05:18 AM
I fixed the mic problem woot

do you mind sharing how you managed to fix the mic problem?

Vingvega
09-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Ok, I can use my mic outside of game, it records and I can hear playback, etc. In game I can hear peoples voice, I hold down LALT and I hear the click, and I talk but nobody can hear me. I went in settings of the game and both sliders are all the way to the right and on. What else could be the problem. I tried everything and I never had a problem with voice in games.

Autophagy
09-17-2012, 09:32 PM
This worked for me. In windows go Start> Control Panel > Sound. Go to the picture of the microphone, right click for properties. Go to the advanced tag and untick "Allow application to take exclusive control of this device" that is under the heading Exclusive Mode. Set your mic volume under levels and people in game should now be able to hear you. Hope this helps

cLxx
09-18-2012, 11:10 PM
I've been having an issue with voice comms as of late. I get into a lobby and I press the voice chat button, I can hear the noise it makes when you activated voice chat but I can't hear anyone nor do I believe they can hear me.

Anti-Virus off
Firewall off

It was working fine up until 2 days ago. Any help would be appreciated.
http://i48.tinypic.com/24qu9lg.png

Jace
09-20-2012, 01:45 AM
Could you have accidentally checked the "Disable Voice Comms" box? Disabling voice comms, if I remember correctly, has similar effects to what you describe.

cLxx
09-20-2012, 02:32 AM
Not at all, it's been unticked since I started the game. Also I've tried re-installing and that also doesn't fix it.

Jace
09-20-2012, 02:42 AM
Hmm. I'm not sure what it could be. One thing I would try is checking and unchecking the box (maybe it thinks it's checked when it's not). Other than that, you should submit a support ticket to the GMs. You can do so by clicking the Contact Support link in my signature.

cLxx
09-25-2012, 05:42 PM
Yes would you mind being nice enough to share the info so the rest of us aren't left in the dark?

haroldkarl
09-28-2012, 06:38 PM
It would be nice if there was a list of headsets that work.... I bought a Plantronics GameCon headset and haven't had any luck using it... I'll try again...

>> I am new at this online multiplayer game play... it just would be nice to contribute vocally to the gameplay!

Tully
09-29-2012, 10:10 AM
It would be nice if there was a list of headsets that work.... I bought a Plantronics GameCon headset and haven't had any luck using it... I'll try again...
Any headset that is connected to the 3.5mm audio jacks in your soundcard should work. If you have more than one sound card/chip in your computer, you may need to go into Windows sound settings and make sure the device that your headset is plugged in to is the default recording and output device. USB headsets create an additional virtual sound device so if you're using a USB headset you'll also need to make sure it's set as the default device before starting the game.

[UBI]Akik4ze[GM]
09-29-2012, 02:29 PM
If anyone is still running into any problems we can look into your case further through a support ticket. Just click the Contact Support link in my signature, attach your DX Diag, and we'll be glad to help you out!

Zaftig
09-29-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm using my CAD U37 Condenser USB microphone for VoIP. No problems here.

safasfa
10-02-2012, 10:01 AM
hmm no clue here same problem, i hope it will help.

Nike2795
05-18-2013, 05:29 PM
I Have a similar problem i cannot chat or hear them speak too. today morning i could chat a little bit but i had to speak to my speaker below my PC . So i moved it to the top then the connection to the voice comms went off again . please help. If anyone knows the solution please let me know.:confused: