Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CEVO | Round 3 | Forums

CEVO | Round 3

This round of CEVO looks to be a huge battle. The ATHENA corporation does not want to see zd3 have an easy path to the playoffs and we have been blessed with 2 main events.

MAIN EVENT

Zero Dark Thirty Gaming vs Non-Judicial Punishment

This is a match you would expect to see in the finals. The history behind these two teams alone makes for a great main event. Zd3 was founded on 3 members leaving NJP. NJP have the best competitive stats to date, winning numerous tournaments against tough opponents. These matches are going to come down to which team makes the least mistakes.

Key matchups:

Dyss vs RespectTheKarma
    This could be one of the best matchups if we get to see it. Karma loves to run the m14 tactical on long range maps, while Dyss has a variety of weapons up his sleeve. Expect Dyss to be running the m200 SD ALP or switching it up with an M14. In the smg game look Dyss to be harrassing the flanks and finding opportunities to grab multiple kills. zd3 run very controlled gameplay so look for karma to play a little safer and make key kills for pushes.

Highpants vs AndersHolmvik
    The generals of the battlefield. It is going to come down to who can direct his troops more effectively. Whichever stream you watch be sure to notice the decision making and coordination these two players display. Highpants is recognised as one of the best strategists in GRP, creating a lot of the plays and call outs that are known today. Anders has had to take a bunch of players from different teams and teach them coordination and decision making that can compete with clans that have had a lot longer to gel.

Map predictions: The Nukes, Metro, Tomsk
    I definitely see metro as a key map for both sides. NJP has arguably the best sniper in GRP. It favours both teams to run this map, but can be very one sided for the team spawning stairs side. Because Tomsk is the third map I expect to see the nukes as the other map picked. Expect to see under bridge as the emphasis for both teams, looking to capitalize on kills.

Prediction: Non Judicial Punishment | 2- 1
    With NJP's competitive history expect them to come out on top. They have the ability to punish mistakes and take kills from nowhere. The inexperience of being a new team may prove to be their downfall.

MAIN EVENT

Team Evolution vs Warmup Tryhards

This rivalry has a rich history behind it. These two teams have been sparring partners for a long time, becoming close contenders between each other. Although the core eVx aren't there, this NA eVx team should be serious contenders for top spot in the competition. WTH's strength comes from great team dynamics and when their communication is on point can take down anyone.

Key matchups:
    Dgarand vs Tepanqui
    These two players are the top killers on their teams. Dgarand sniping can hold down entire lanes when setup. He also had the ability to push aggressively with SMG and destroy opponents. He may need to against tepanqui. He has the ability to calculate situations and determine the best way to kill without exposing himself. Look for these two to stick around the top KDR in the team.

Wigsplitter1505 vs actionzz
    These two players are new to tournament play and have a lot of skill. They are both aggressive assault players with great gun skills. Look out for these players to make big plays for capturing points.

Map predictions: Metro, The Nukes, Tomsk
    Metro is going to be a big map for both for WTH. They will look to dominate with sniper rifles and sniper variant assault rifles. The nukes will be a deciding map between the two teams, either deciding a 2-0 victory or a third map. Look for an all out brawl on Tomsk as both teams have practised this map relentlessly.

Prediction: Warmup Tryhards | 2 - 1
    I think the fact that the team evolution NA group haven't been together for long will be the downfall for them. It will be a game about capitalizing on mistakes and eVx just may not be cohesive enough. Either way look for a very close matchup, with maps going no further than B/D capture point.

OTHER MATCHES

TaW vs Twisted Society
    Prediction: TaW

Team Quebec International vs Danger Close
    Prediction: Danger Close

Faction Esports vs Horsemen of the apocalypse
    Prediction: Faction Esports

Out for Blood vs Much Doge, Wow
    Prediction: Much Doge, Wow

Majorsinsweg vs Cry me a river
    Prediction: Majorsinsweg

Excessive vs Seven Deadly Sins
    Prediction: Excessive

Tom Clancy's Elite vs United we Stand
    Prediction: United we Stand

Justified Archangels of Glory vs The Unwanted
    Prediction: Justified Archangels of Glory

2 Soldiers 1 Canteen vs Team Phoenix
    Prediction: Team Phoenix

CU in Playoffs vs PRIME
    Prediction: CU in Playoffs

Hellraiserz vs Violent Resolutions
    Prediction: Hellraiserz

Lethal Tactix vs Deadly Mofos
    Prediction: can't decide

Make sure you check out the streams of the various games. It would be much appreciated if you can put your team and your stream link below. If you can spam that public channel with a stream and invite people to come watch an incredible round of CEVO. Thanks for reading
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I also wanted to say that I didn't really have time to put in under cards this week as I would love to see some of these other matches as well. The faction vs horsemen game will be close and great to watch. Would really like to see this CEVO-P team in action. The LTX vs DMF game is also going to be sick with long time veterans on both teams, equal skill and equal gear. It will really be a great match.

Since you are going to post this every week you should use the events sub-forum. It's easier to keep track of all rounds there. Also there are people who just don't care about competitive scene so your posts may seem a little bit of a spam.
    "Good women flow like water."
    - Sakurai Tomozo

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
    Since you are going to post this every week you should use the events sub-forum. It's easier to keep track of all rounds there. Also there are people who just don't care about competitive scene so your posts may seem a little bit of a spam.
    Fuck them.

This is good material and belongs here, unless we get our own entire section for it ;D
    http://www.twitch.tv/blistar00

"I will not let fear possess my heart for I am a sniper, and a sniper must remain calm at all times."

~Seven Deadly Sins

~<3 Ty Cipher

I'm hoping chem will be a darl and sticky it again

Nice analysis. I'm sure is gonna be hard for us, as we definitely don't have our main team for this tourney, and even some of the guys we selected can't play on thursdays. Actionzz used to play with RISKz acc. old player from gt. He's been with us for less than 3 months, same as his brother RISKZZ; But They are both very team oriented and consistent.
    Last edited by BR4SIL; 04-30-2014 at 02:07 PM.

I swear I saw actionzz when riskz was still around... Makes sense though, great player. Also hard to say main lineup when it's technically eVx.NA since NA players only

Nice predictions man ! Shame that there is no one on EU to do this for us.

P.S
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrislad023 View Post
    NJP has arguably the best sniper in GRP.
    Kylar > dyss
    Last edited by [/v/]Mickh; 04-30-2014 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrislad023 View Post
    I swear I saw actionzz when riskz was still around... Makes sense though, great player. Also hard to say main lineup when it's technically eVx.NA since NA players only
    RISKz is Actionzz now, Harris. We're probably playing with Tep, Vriz, Black, Actionzz, RISKZZ and INGO/Hans/Avatar, but we can choose a diferent lineup, depending on the map chosen.
    Last edited by BR4SIL; 04-30-2014 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by [aRM]Mickh View Post
    Nice predictions man ! Shame that there is no one on EU to do this for us.

P.S

Kylar > dyss
    I would say Werty and Loveza, as my personal preference, but we can't really tell who is better than the other on this thread, Mickh. Some of these players not even faced each other in a clan match.
    Last edited by BR4SIL; 04-30-2014 at 02:22 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast