Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Elbow Glitching | Forums

Update from Noviwan:
    FYI I understand elbow glitch is a more serious problem. We are working on that too but it is complicated. The up/down was just a code bug, which one of our Programmers could fix by themselves. The elbow glitch requires adjusting the shooting-pose animation when in prone; which in turn requires the redoing of many related animations (reloading, for example, since it blends into the prone pose).

We will fix it, it's important, so we don't mind putting in that work, but I do ask for your patience on this one.
    Original Post
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by [UBI]RookFell[CM] View Post
    Update from Noviwan:

Original Post
    This, however, doesn't answer my original question. Is Elbow glitching a banable offense?

The Walking Dead

Checked with our support staff: Because this is an issue with camera angles and character animations, it is not by itself a bannable offense. Like others have mentioned, a lot of time players do not realize they're doing it.

If player has an established history of "elbow glitching" [read: they have multiple instances of being told by a GM that they are abusing a known exploit and to stop], and they continue to do it despite this, they may receive an official warning or eventual ban.

Quote Originally Posted by [UBI]RookFell[CM] View Post
    Checked with our support staff: Because this is an issue with camera angles and character animations, it is not by itself a bannable offense. Like others have mentioned, a lot of time players do not realize they're doing it.

If player has an established history of "elbow glitching" [read: they have multiple instances of being told by a GM that they are abusing a known exploit and to stop], and they continue to do it despite this, they may receive an official warning or eventual ban.
    Thank you!

The Walking Dead

how about instead of trying to kick or ban players we all start posting screenshots of notorious elbow glitch spots?

this way players can be more aware of which spots to avoid and the devs will know which spots need attention.
    i have alot of locations in minds, i just have to get screenshots of them now..

oderint dum metuant
    Signature and avatar courtesy of RenoRezur

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimsonking View Post
    how about instead of trying to kick or ban players we all start posting screenshots of notorious elbow glitch spots?

this way players can be more aware of which spots to avoid and the devs will know which spots need attention.
    i have alot of locations in minds, i just have to get screenshots of them now..
    There isn't a specific spot. It can be done ANYWHERE there is some type of object in front of you.

The Walking Dead

Oddly enough i never saw this until recently,more than likely because i wasn't looking and/or didn't know any better.

That train station map, c point has tons of places that this can be used

Noviwan
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrimsonking View Post
    how about instead of trying to kick or ban players we all start posting screenshots of notorious elbow glitch spots?.
    Definitely useful, the more spots we have the better we can check that the solution is optimal. We know of the on behind the barricade tracks-side D-end on Markoc, and the one on second-floor Shearwater.

To Lions point: techncally, it can be done anywhere, but in practice there are only specific places where it can be practically exploited, based on the angles and distances involved..

The funny thing is that posts like this make more people aware that it is happening.......everyone is going to try it now or call other glitchers.

Kind of like the sexual harassment videos that you have to watch when you start a new job. They are supposed to explain to you what harassment is, but most of the time it just gives the viewer good ideas on how to. pretty funny.

neg273C
    Absolute zero = -273.15°C or −459.67°F or 0 R or 0 K
    Got Issues? Please Submit a Ticket: Contact Support

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Noviwan View Post
    Definitely useful, the more spots we have the better we can check that the solution is optimal. We know of the on behind the barricade tracks-side D-end on Markoc, and the one on second-floor Shearwater.

To Lions point: techncally, it can be done anywhere, but in practice there are only specific places where it can be practically exploited, based on the angles and distances involved..
    Markov Station- 1) The top of the stairs on C leading to B if you lay down on either railing without crawling to the top and see all the way down past B and only snipe there elbow if your lucky. 2) Being able to get on top of the photo hut in the middle leading to B closest to the stairs 3) All blocks next to the walls track side need to be removed completely forceing people to use the wall pillar or push up as you can elbow glitch all of those. 4) the stairs on train side and track side when laying down, your gun should be forced to look more up unless your laying at less of an angle. 5) mid section of stairs right side of C Far right side should be blocked in also due to elbow angle and gives too much of an angle advantage, The same go's for the far left side for sniping also.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast