Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Counter Sniping by bouncing up and down on cover | Forums

the complaint is that some people cant handle a moving target so they want things nerfed and restricted even more.

oderint dum metuant
    Signature and avatar courtesy of RenoRezur
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

So you can buy time while your crosshairs slowly settle in. Before the sniper nerf, for the SVD at least, it was maybe half the amount of time it takes now, which was acceptable. But now, you have to expose yourself out of cover for 2-3 seconds before you get max accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by DOESNOTWANT View Post
    So you can buy time while your crosshairs slowly settle in. Before the sniper nerf, for the SVD at least, it was maybe half the amount of time it takes now, which was acceptable. But now, you have to expose yourself out of cover for 2-3 seconds before you get max accuracy.
    The patch notes indicate that the Devs agree the SRs were over nerfed and suggest that the next couple patches will slowly tune them back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    The patch notes indicate that the Devs agree the SRs were over nerfed and suggest that the next couple patches will slowly tune them back up.
    yes the snipers are very slightly over nerfed in the aspect of ready time, however i think the larger problem people are blaming on the sniper nerf is actually other guns *cought* assault rifles *cough* being OP. and by other guns, really i just mean the assault rifles.

oderint dum metuant
    Signature and avatar courtesy of RenoRezur

Noviwan
    We have a fix internally for the popping up and down issue. If you try it standing in the open it works correctly - you can spam the button as much as you want, but the stand up/down animation still has to play. There was a bug where this wasn't working when in wall (high) cover. We missed the 0.9.2 cutoff through, so the fix will be in the next build.

FYI I understand elbow glitch is a more serious problem. We are working on that too but it is complicated. The up/down was just a code bug, which one of our Programmers could fix by themselves. The elbow glitch requires adjusting the shooting-pose animation when in prone; which in turn requires the redoing of many related animations (reloading, for example, since it blends into the prone pose).

We will fix it, it's important, so we don't mind putting in that work, but I do ask for your patience on this one.

Cool Dude

Player of the Month
    April 2013
    Thanks Noviwan !! All the hard work is appreciated, even if nobody says it.

Hell yeah I have something to say about this. leave it alone. leave the guns alone, leave the cover alone, leave the settling time alone. Every single time they go and "adjust" something with this field of topic, they make it much, much worse. I move around too much while sniping to find myself in this situation.....and it works to a relative degree. Don't camp in one spot. Take a shot or two, then move because what you're setting yourself up for is a major disadvantage to your gameplay. They know where you are!!! >.< So while you've already popped the same guy once or twice, he knows where you are hidden and he'll take measures to counter you since you've already pissed him off by killing the shit out of him repeatedly. Glitch or no glitch, they'll do what it takes.

Communication and teamwork and shitload of nades counter all game flaws.

I equate the cover bouncing in GRO to bunny hopping in CS. It looks stupid, it ruins any semblance of realism or simulation there is to the game, and it does give an advantage to people who decide to use it. But...win at any cost right?

I do hope they keep tweaking and changing things, because that's how things get fixed and stuff improves. On the other hand, when they try something everyone hates and refuse to admit they were wrong and drag their feet undoing it... not ok. If they take ads and follow-up shots down to 1/4 of the current time I will be much happier. Adjusting it back slowing over weeks and months is not cool tho. Make big adjustments, bracketing.

Quote Originally Posted by brotherej View Post
    shitload of nades counter all game flaws.
    q4t

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast