Yay. To keep it short: 0.10.0 looks promising, except for performance-issues and a fistful of bugs.
We're Team Raindrop and here are our thoughts on 0.10.0. It would be great, if we could collect all the clanfeedback in one single thread to have an overlook of what other teams think.
- Clan matchmaking works great
- New map is amazing in 4on4 matches, but too small for more than 8 players
- Performance: The use of DrawingDistance in the Ini finally gives a way to slightly improve FPS (BUT: everything below 0.2 or 0.15 can be used as a "wallhack" because Items and walls take some time to pop up!)
- Critical rate on LMGs has finally been fixed
- Serverside lags were almost non existent, good job.
- Clan matchmaking: There is no way to just change the map after a match, so you either can play the same map with the same team again or you have to create an all new match, so you have to invite all the players again.
- Performance in general has been slightly improved, but DualCore and DualQuad-CPUs still suffer from stupidly low FPS.
- Performance: "Very low setting" activates Motion Blur, Bloom und pretty high quality shadows, makes no sense -> additional ini tweaking is still necessary.
- "Teleport to Death" / "Rocket Jump" still exist, especially on the new map. The coversystem is still buggy, so that in some circumstances the players rocket through the roof of the map and die. Sounds funny, but it isn't. Video will come within the next days, ticket has been created.
- Constant yellowpinger still have a general advantage against greenpingers. Hit detection still needs some work
- The Loading- and Spawntimes are still too long for some players. It seems to depend on the server you're playing on. But being forced to wait the whole warmup-time as well as 30 to 90 seconds into the actual game round, even in clan matches, is just a no-go. Syncing with Servers
- The Countdown-Sounds are annoying, especially if they count from 120 seconds downwards
- Sound sometimes goes quiet and it may happen that you don't hear your own gunfire.
- (Timed) grenades are most of the time invisible and have no indicator.
- The need to stand up in order to lie down is just stupid, as well as putting the gun down while you aim down the sight.
- Slide- and Cover-System still has some flaws, two keys, one for each function would be a nice option.
- It's still not possible to create one key for "push to cover" and in addition to that one for "cover toggle". Many of us like to switch between both functions depending on the situation
Weapons & Balancing
- Recon: Cloak should have a higher duration because of the Hermes-Nerf.
- Hermes and Titan basically don't make a difference anymore, therefore Hermes doesn't deserve that name
- Sadly, the new bundles are only available for GC. This may be part of the plan to make people pay with real money, but as long as it is a beta, there should be a way to get items via RP in order to make real bug reports.
- Model 10a: the accuracy is quite low, KPS and PM5 have worse rates but still perform way better.
- Clan-Matchmaking works, but being able to change the map while all people are still in the match after they've played together would be nice
- Constant red- and yellowpinger still appear to have an advantage over greenpingers, because not all registered hits do actual damage
- The train on the rails is a nice addition, but the window in the train on D is way too overpowered. Better close that window and add a metal plate to prevent shooting below the train.
- New Glitch on Shearwater 51. Screenshot: http://shuttle.grunerd.com/528988_33...0rzfFJcfhf.jpg
Ideas for improvements
- Clantags: 3 letters aren't that ideal for clantags, as well as the brackets. +1 for 4 letters and a pipe | as seperator.
- A change of the clan-icon in the lobby would be nice. Flags are closer to achievements than to clans, so 3 heads or something that resembles a group would be good.
- Clanlogo-Upload would be nice, with a report function to prevent Swastikas and other weird stuff appearing.
- "Scrollbars, Scrollbars everywhere!" - It's just a detail, but every window now has a scrollbar, if it's scrollable or not.
This list isn't complete and we're going to update it within the next days. It would be great if other clans (!) would participate and we'd maybe add this thread to the sticky ones.