Thread: Snipe in Markov Station is kind of a....challenge. | Forums

Unhappy Snipe in Markov Station is kind of a....challenge.

Im tired of my constant battle against glitchers, I remember some people abusing of exploits on D point but is kinda worse now, train side on C point was already awful and now I see this:

Just want to ask if you see someone from your team doing things like this then please, blow him up *-*

Its funny, I assure you.
    Last edited by Shiro; 01-26-2013 at 12:58 AM.
    "Good women flow like water."
    - Sakurai Tomozo
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned
    Check it http://groforums.ubi.com/showthread....ghlight=lokiey , we have had this thread going forever and all i can tell you is i have yet to see anyone banned or anything for cheating. i call it cheating because there exploiting the game angles or mechanics and nothing has been done but trying and fix them as players continue to use them. If they started laying down bans then it might change but i have yet to see that happen, feel free to add your pic to thread for a bump.

this does not show someone cheating, this shows you on the ground dead after he shot you .5-1 seconds prior when you were visible to him.

WHat you think is an exploit, is just lag.

I have to say it's really hard to say what is going on i mean yes we know there are exploits in maps, but because when you die your getting a view of who shot you from a prone level, its hard to tell if you could have shot him while in cover or standing etc. Though one thing i will say is they do need to fix certain areas where enemy has clear sight of you or a teammate and yet you cannot hit them back at all unless your very close to them. Not all angles because there are some angles in the game where one will have advantage over the other, its part of any kind of warfare.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Juronimo View Post
    this does not show someone cheating, this shows you on the ground dead after he shot you .5-1 seconds prior when you were visible to him.

WHat you think is an exploit, is just lag.
    Ok let me break it down for you so it makes perfect sense because it sounds more like someone trying to justify someones actions in the game because they do it themselves. There are angles in the game that snipers can lay down on behind cover giving him 100% line of sight and 0% lone of sight by his target. This means that the sniper is taking complete advantage of his cover, the angle hes laying down at knowing hes not exposed to almost anyone down the playing field. This is considered exploiting cover and angle in the game and anyone who snipes this way in my book is a cheating little bitch with 0 skill. So it may not be cheating i.e. 3rd party program and it may not be exploiting i.e. inside a wall or game glitch but it is in fact taking advantage of the cover and laying at an angle.

Noviwan
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiey View Post
    Ok let me break it down for you so it makes perfect sense because it sounds more like someone trying to justify someones actions in the game because they do it themselves. There are angles in the game that snipers can lay down on behind cover giving him 100% line of sight and 0% lone of sight by his target. This means that the sniper is taking complete advantage of his cover, the angle hes laying down at knowing hes not exposed to almost anyone down the playing field. This is considered exploiting cover and angle in the game and anyone who snipes this way in my book is a cheating little bitch with 0 skill. So it may not be cheating i.e. 3rd party program and it may not be exploiting i.e. inside a wall or game glitch but it is in fact taking advantage of the cover and laying at an angle.
    Correct Lokiey. Of course some people do it innocently, trying to "find a good spot", and you should warn them (both on your team and others). I've encountered this a few times and people have been pretty good about it. If you believe someone is doing it intentionally, knowingly, please report it and we will talk with them at the least.

While we're discussing it, we are still working on the fix. If you recall, fixing this means moving the position of the weapon (so that the player has to move out to the side more to expose themselves). Which it turn means redoing a large number of relocated animations. So not a quick fix. But just want to say that we are doing this work, we believe it's worth the effort.