Thread: Option to disable/ remove / change new overtime sound | Forums

Exclamation Option to disable/ remove / change new overtime sound

Something must be done with that sound. 120 seconds of tic tac inside your head isn't nice. Even more when happens infinite times on a round. And don't say to disable sfx volume, because listen to devices and steps is VERY important.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

The sound over my speakers is like that being in the engine room of the Enterprise. Sounds very much like the Warp Core under a load.

I also agree the sounds of other near by is more important than the BGM.
    -But cant we already change that volume independent of SFX?

No. Theres MUSIC and SFX. MAIN controls both. I set SFX to max and MUSIC to 0. This way i can be more aware. So, seems that overtime sound is part of SFX and i need this volume high. The sound of overtime is important too, but would be better if was a single advice, not every second.

Another solution is create another volume control, only relative to the "reality" of the game. This controls shots, steps, devices, falls, etc. This cant be set separately because would distort this reality. Imagine the user sets those separately and then steps turns louder than MG shots. Ugly.

Cool Dude

Player of the Month
    April 2013
    All the roaring and other useless background noise needs to be put on a separate slider.
    I never heard the music, but it can go as well.

What the DEVs really need to do , is help us mod this stuff on our end.
    There needs to be a manual to "Mod at your own risk for sound & graphics "
    I started to do a little, but just don't have in me anymore to GAGGD.
    "Within organizations, customer satisfaction ratings can have powerful effects. They focus employees on the importance of fulfilling customers’ expectations. Furthermore, when these ratings dip, they warn of problems that can affect sales and profitability. . . . These metrics quantify an important dynamic. When a brand has loyal customers, it gains positive word-of-mouth marketing, which is both free and highly effective."

This is being addressed in an upcoming minor patch.

The "thump" overtime sound will only play during the final 30 seconds, not the entire 2 minutes.