Thread: Map "ROTATION"??? | Forums

Athena Council Member
    - Volunteer

Question Map "ROTATION"???

It's not a rotation if it's just repeatedly slamming your face into the sub map you dislike.
    Am I just extremely unlucky, or is the matchmaking weighting some maps more heavily than others? I understand that maybe they want everyone to get a chance on the new map as soon as they update, but...I'm kinda being driven insane.
    My problem used to be that I would keep getting Chertanovo without ever managing to see Shearwater; now I cheer when I get Chertanovo because it's something other than the new sub map. Pretty much, some maps are showing up a lot more than others and I'm wondering what exactly might be causing this.
    Can somebody tell me if the map choosing is full random and I'm just unlucky, or if there's some piece of code in there that's out to get me? Thanks.
    I have suggestions either way, but I'm not going to write them out until I find out which case I'm making a suggestion for.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Athena Council Member
    - Volunteer

Xx360-NoSc0p3z-MLGxX
    I'm sure since the map is new it's currently weighted heavier than the other maps just so everyone gets a feel for it.

It's truly not a bad map, I hope they add things to it in the near future, but it's interesting and I like the idea of one cap point that's capped quickly. You just have to have a decent understanding of angles of fire and how to compliment them and be productive as a team. I like it better than Tomsk, that's for sure.
    - NON-JUDICIAL PUNISHMENT -
    VISIT US AT WWW.NOJUICEPLEASE.COM - TWEET @NJPTV

(Follow me on Twitch.TV: Twitch.TV/PunjiStick)

I dig the new map. Just because you're the WORST PLAYER NA!!!!11!11!!!111!!1 doesn't mean the map is to blame, NERD!
    If you apply and don't join TeamSpeak, you will be denied immediately.

The Map Rotation is random with a weighting per map. We have temporarily set the weighting higher on Balaklava Sub Pen to increase the chances of players getting to experience the map in a normal session. We'll adjust the weighting again in the near future, likely to give all maps an equal chance.

Athena Council Member
    - Volunteer

Then my suggestion is that they either add a voting to skip map system so I can stop quitting out of every other game I get, or let every player pick a least favorite map and a favorite map and those get factored in when the game picks a map after collecting players.
    And also maybe they shouldn't, as I said, slam your face into it over and over just because it's new.
    "Here, we made a new map. PLAY NO OTHER MAP UNTIL YOU LIKE THE NEW ONE."

Yea...
    If you apply and don't join TeamSpeak, you will be denied immediately.