Thread: Graphics since the patch | Forums

Lightbulb Graphics since the patch

Luckilly, I just went and ordered a new gfx card last week (SAPPHIRE Vapor-X HD 7950) so I had intentions of running a better card anyway, but atm, I'm still using my old HD5750 and I've noticed since the patch, I can't even play on High Quality Low settings, whereas Medium ran very well prior to. I've heard about new shaders being implemented, which is cool, but it would've been nice to have been informed about the change at some point. The problem is that these implementations are also causing a narrowing of the player base since most of the newer cards coming out are typically $300+ dollars (mine was $325/free shipping) and for just a single piece of pc equipment, that's nothing to bat an eyelash at unless you've got it like that. My AMD Piledriver (Vishera FTW!!) cost half of that, so it's obvious that as game developers crank up the 3D virtuosity, people with obsolete hardware are going to either be forced into the market or just not play. Devs need to bear this in mind when trying to max out DX11. Just sayin'....don't leave the little guys out in the cold cause they wanna play too =)
    Last edited by HundredsOfThem; 01-28-2013 at 09:07 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

you can play on very low settings now emerson

Is it really that hard to run? My system is mid-end and I do fine.

Well, I did a little tweaking and it seems to be running fine now on Medium... maybe it was a memory leak or something, but I'm getting between 58 and 63 fps which isn't bad. I OC'd the card a little bit more to wring every bit of life out it until the new one comes in...I'm just not trying to kill it.....for now. Good to see you too, Chilltown PanaSungsonicBargainHopper

i'm running nVidia EVGA 550Ti (newegg $129 a year ago) - pretty basic lvl card - 24 inch monitor on 1920 x 1200 res. the most highest settings for this game - perfect FPS eats this game like a peanuts, after hours of playing this card still running cool.
    suggest - do not touch ATi cards since they joined AMD, drivers - always been an ATi's biggest issue.

Someone tell me if its actually easier to see cloak with low setttings. Can someone confirm this?

Noviwan
    Quote Originally Posted by Haco View Post
    Someone tell me if its actually easier to see cloak with low setttings. Can someone confirm this?
    I did some research on this last year, comparing both the graphic settings and screen resolutions. I (and several others) could not find any practical difference in recon detection ability. (Unless, of course, your high settings are causing a low frame rate, but that's a different issue.)

I 100% agree with you on this Hundreds whatever they did i was running fine now in 10.0 patch my FPS is gone yes i was managing and playing on a crappy 35-45 FPS but now i can't even get 15-20 FPS so i uninstalled GRO no point in having it on my desktop if i cant play it and also the Very low settings are a joke.

[Low]
    ShadowMapSize=3
    PostProcess=1
    ShaderVersion=3
    RenderBloom=0
    TextureSize=2
    VolumetricShadow=0
    MotionBlur=0
    LodQuality=2
    ShdLodQuality=3
    DisplayWidth=1024
    DisplayHeight=768
    Windowed=0
    AAQuality=0
    EnvParticles=1
    OptimizedZPrepass=0
    RenderDOF=1
    ParticleFX=1
    DrawingDistance=1.0

[VeryLow]
    ShadowMapSize=3
    PostProcess=1
    ShaderVersion=3
    RenderBloom=0
    TextureSize=2
    VolumetricShadow=0
    MotionBlur=0
    LodQuality=2
    ShdLodQuality=3
    DisplayWidth=1024
    DisplayHeight=768
    Windowed=0
    AAQuality=0
    EnvParticles=0 <<<<<<<<< Only things changed for very low settings
    OptimizedZPrepass=0
    RenderDOF=0 <<<<<<<<<< Only things changed fro very low settings
    ParticleFX=1
    DrawingDistance=1.0

. Devs need to bear this in mind when trying to max out DX11. Just sayin'....don't leave the little guys out in the cold cause they wanna play too =)
    Side note GRO runs a 7 y.o. engine and DX9 FYI.

My good friend Barrett M107A1 has managed to eek out a measly 10 fps on his old HP laptop; that was after heavily editing the ini files though.(Half of his landscape textures are now red).
    Would editing those do anyone any good here?
    Last edited by Sketch; 01-29-2013 at 04:24 AM.

Noviwan
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaotikDreamz View Post
    I 100% agree with you on this Hundreds whatever they did i was running fine now in 10.0 patch my FPS is gone yes i was managing and playing on a crappy 35-45 FPS but now i can't even get 15-20 FPS so i uninstalled GRO no point in having it on my desktop if i cant play it and also the Very low settings are a joke..
    Have you submitted a ticket, with detailed system specs? There's no reason 0.10.0 should run slower so I'd appreciate the info.