Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Official] Clan Match Feedback | Forums

Player Experience Manager [UBI]Arad[PXM]'s Avatar

[Official] Clan Match Feedback

Hey Everyone.

Now that the Clan Matches have been live for a few days, we'd like to get your feedback about this feature. Please read the questions below so that you can get an idea of the type of feedback we're looking for.

• What has your experience been like when attempting to set up a Clan match?
    • What has your experience been like when attempting to find other clans to battle?
    • Are there any improvements you would make to the Clan Match interface?
    • Are the Clan Matches fun?
    • What, if anything, would you add, change or remove from the Clan Match system?

Of course, you are free to write any feedback you wish about the new system. Just please keep the feedback in this thread specific to the Clan Matches.

Thanks!
    Last edited by [UBI]Arad[PXM]; 03-01-2013 at 06:33 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Ok, so the consensus is that people are aggravated because it takes too damn long to assemble a Squad Match, myself included. I'm taking this opportunity to present a solution to the squad match issue..

Dedicated nights for squad matches, every M,W,F. This gives a much better opportunity for squads to randomly play each other by targeting "special days" for them to play. But, I can't do this alone... I need for everyone to spread the word (as much as they possibly can) to the GRFS community so we can jump start these matches. Personally I love competitive games and am not too fond of beating the crap out of randoms... Ubi, you could really help this message get spread by using the in-game message board... It'll take someone 15 mins to update it and it will result in 1,000's of hours played in squad matches.

What has your experience been like when attempting to set up a Clan match?
    What has your experience been like when attempting to find other clans to battle?

The above 2 are really the same question. I've only done a clan match a couple times, but the the UI elements seem ok at this point and it takes minimum steps to setup. However, it is a challenge to find other clans. The main reason I saw is some have a preference for how many people they will go at minimum. So if they want 6v6 and you only have 4 on, they will not go.

Are there any improvements you would make to the Clan Match interface?
    I'd love to be able to provide feedback here, but given I have not spent much time with this feature, I would only be giving a bunch of smart talk.

Are the Clan Matches fun?
    There seems to be a more personlized feeling to the match. The overall fun level definately goes up. I think it's because you know everyone on both sides. Well, at least in most cases you do, if you've been playing for a while.

What, if anything, would you add, change or remove from the Clan Match system?
    At this point the only thing I can think of is adding some kind of incentive for clans to match up regardless of how many players are in the match. The only other thing I can think of is to add a queing system for clan matches. You setup your team, and queue up. When other teams are queued, you get matched. Same as solo and FT, but with clans. So you would have the option to manualy setup the games, or jump into the queue.

I would add the possibility to start matches in between members of the same clan, that would allow us to practice strats and such without making a second clan.

Setting up clan matches is easy for us only because we know eachother in real life, otherwis it must be a pain. Finding clans is still extremley hard for us and should definatley be improved and easier to find. I would improve the amount of xp and rp gained(should be one half instead of only a third) and improve how hard it is to find a match and gather a match. mabye allow invites even when there searching. However the clan matches are a riot and completley fun even when you get your buts handled to you. Just playing with your freind son a teama lone is hilarious and provides a great experience but we could only get 2 matches in 3 days.

Athena Council Member
    - Volunteer

Player of the Month
    February 2013

Mr. Postypants
    Reason for the 1/3 Rewards is to discourage any organized RP/XP farming that this system might cause. It is cut back enough that it is not a total loss, but it is at that point where the reward would just be chump change.

(sorry, I know that this isn't really feedback but I want to make it clear for people as to the reason for the 1/3 scale back on rewards.... and also on the fact that I didn't do any Clan matches yet, I want to get skilled first..)

Quote Originally Posted by ghOstah View Post

I would add the possibility to start matches in between members of the same clan, that would allow us to practice strats and such without making a second clan.
    This ^
    "Good women flow like water."
    - Sakurai Tomozo

Senior Member [oLo]ShadowStriker's Avatar
    i'm an noob, but this is just my 2 cent rants:

1. Should have date and time box like you're buying online airplane tickets for CLAN CHALLENGE. so if your clan have a challenge, and you're not able to be on that time, either you are lose or you can make new appointment with reason. so you will always have a schedule clanwar. The only way we we're searching for clanmatch were shouting in public chat and asking people around and some of our team got reported for spamming. thanks to cowards people. some reply nicely some reporting. so yeah, i think now the best idea is how to make you get a match. We know its still open beta, so we just wait and see

2.we've play my minimum clanwar at 4 on 4. TRUST ME PEOPLE..it SAD. this game map is design for 8 on 8 tactical warfare, and if you play less than that it just so..QUIET. like a cemetery. just like a forever alone guy. no kidding. so build up your clan to minimum 8 and have daily battle, it'll be fun, and you'll hate matchmaking other than just for RP digging.

sorry for the noobness, [oLo] The Face out
    Last edited by [oLo]ShadowStriker; 01-31-2013 at 03:25 AM.

Athena Council Member
    - Volunteer

Player of the Month
    February 2013

Mr. Postypants
    Do a Clan Match Daily Quest :P

GRO Dev Team
    Thanks for your feedbacks, all of this sort of feedback is very helpful to improve overall quality of clan match in upcoming updates.

1. Yes, this is something we should try to achieve as a high priority UX improvement. Right now in latest patch clan match is very private and invite only. So we know it's hard to find 'ready' invitee to match up together.

2. Still testing and looking for best number of players in the match in terms of the best tactical play experience. 4 players in the match is minimim required number in order to organize this version of clan match easier than min 8 players. Also having 6 players in each squad in the clan match would be something you can try and compare with 8 full players match. I hope this is useful information to you & your clan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast