Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Three things they gotta fix... | Forums

Noviwan
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash View Post
    1. The weapon ready time is ridiculous for the p90 and many other guns.. I can't tell you how many times I have run into a room, saw a guy and BLAMO!! I get wasted because it takes me too long to raise my weapon. Go ahead, say "the P90 is OP as is...." I don't see it that way. I am way out gunned vs a Assault, or Spec and I have to hit you MANY more times than you have to hit me....

2. Crits to the elbow, feet, and hands gotta go. I have said it before, and I'll say it again. It is so lame (not just snipers) to get crits for more than 25 points to any extremity.

3. The annoying over time sound effect. I know its all ready been discussed in the forum, but I STILL hate it.
    1. I'm going to let Dracofilia comment on the balance of ready times. What I will say is that that statistically, P90 is one of the most effective, deadly weapons in the game. Also the CQC variant does have quite low ready time (0.38) which outdraws almost every AR and, if I'm not mistaken, every LMG.
    2. A couple patches ago we lowered damage on extremities from 0.8x to 0.5x, which hekped quite a bit. Now we're working on a system to let us also limit the upper arm/leg damage to 0.8x.
    3. The OT time effect is only for the final 30 seconds in the next minor patch (0.10.1).
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Retired Veteran of
    the Athena Council Member
    - Volunteer

Player of the Month
    February 2013

Mr. Postypants
    P90, as I eluded to before, has a slight difference in play style. But it is a beast of a SMG that will make people rage once you are in control of your gun.

and I agree with Punji, more on his slight decrease (hell, why wouldn't I want to buff my best gun eh?) than his crit chance removal.

1 - P90 doesn't need a buff, if you want a faster ready time you can always buy a MP9.
    2 - Agreed
    3 - Agreed
    "Good women flow like water."
    - Sakurai Tomozo

1. Never used it, wouldn't know.
    2. I would like crits removed all together, it just feels out of place and silly. Of course the "standard" crits should remain, like headshots and such.
    3. I don't really mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kriegsherr View Post
    1. Never used it, wouldn't know.
    2. I would like crits removed all together, it just feels out of place and silly. Of course the "standard" crits should remain, like headshots and such.
    3. I don't really mind.
    Ok... How about this - right now we get a higher crit rate as we become more proficient in using our weapons. How about we take away all crits (except to the chest, neck and head) and instead of making our weapon more randomly powerful - we get to choose what category we can increase...

For example: I make it from level one to level 10 - I now get 1 or 2 points that I can modify the stats of my gun with. So, I am becoming more proficient with my weapon, so let me decrease my ready time by a point, or increase my accuracy, or decrease my reload time by a half second. Let us decide how to make our weapons better than just making my gun crit you for 100 in the big toe on a random basis...

Critical elbow shots have got to go.

neg273C
    Absolute zero = -273.15°C or −459.67°F or 0 R or 0 K
    Got Issues? Please Submit a Ticket: Contact Support

Retired Veteran of
    the Athena Council

Player of the Month

August 2013

High Moose of Canadia

Survivor of the Legendary
    Moose-Riding Beaver Apocalypse
    Critical shots have to go in general, they introduce a completely random aspect into a shooter that should be about skill.

Retired Veteran of
    the Athena Council Member
    - Volunteer

Player of the Month
    February 2013

Mr. Postypants
    The problem is now, how to implement a " gun leveling system" that won't overpower?

Personally, I would be ok with crit hits, as long as they were confined to the head and chest. I absolutely agree, though, that crits to extremities are just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by [GHOST]FateTertium View Post
    The problem is now, how to implement a " gun leveling system" that won't overpower?
    That's not the problem. The real problem is going to be the conversion aspect of going from Critical %, to whatever it is they put in it's place. It's long been my thought that a player should be rewarded for sticking with a weapon system by increasing the ability to use the weapon more efficiently. Increased control over the weapon, increased accuracy, decrease ready time, etc...
    BUSOH SENSEN
    B^S

Take calculated risks. That's quite different from being rash.- Gen. Patton

Good F2P games don't prioritize monetization above all else.

http://www.trackballmouse.org/#
    http://groforums.ubi.com/showthread....MARKETING-TEAM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast