Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Crit level/weapon proficiency needs to be removed! | Forums

I like the idea of promote team skill over individual skill, but a system that allows someone to cause 53dmg shooting at your toe? Restrict critical hits to head and chest is not a option?
    "Good women flow like water."
    - Sakurai Tomozo
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Community Manager

@UbiChem -
    The Almighty Chem El Zorro
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
    I like the idea of promote team skill over individual skill, but a system that allows someone to cause 53dmg shooting at your toe? Restrict critical hits to head and chest is not a option?
    And is one of the things that I know that our designers are investigating as one of the things we can do to improve the system.

Athena Council Member
    - Volunteer

I can see the thought process of unpredictable firefights leading to teamwork, but I feel like the crits should still be toned down, like cut everyone's %s straight in half. There will always be those times where the guy watching the flank gets killed because of one lucky bullet, or the key blitzing assault guy gets killed through leg crits, but at least we won't see multiple crits in each death recap we get so frequently, because those are too frustrating to put into words. I'm not gonna lie, many times when I die I follow it with telling everyone in my skype call exactly why it wasn't my fault; crits, being a recon (now I play assault), sub pen, nades, walked too close to a wall and had my gun pull up, etc. However, there are times where you undeniably died because of crits when you deserved the kill, and those are immensely frustrating.
    I don't feel like firefights are enhanced by critical hits, I feel like since you can't play the game like a twitch shooter, skill should be based on stacking the odds in your favor and good positioning and therefore no amount of luck can stop you there. Any argument in favor of crits also works against it. They prevent run 'n gun because you might get insta killed. Or you might walk around a corner and insta kill someone else, despite the %s it really happens plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisImmortal View Post
    like cut everyone's %s straight in half.
    You already can do that with inserts.
    "Good women flow like water."
    - Sakurai Tomozo

Noviwan
    Quote Originally Posted by Outburst View Post
    For me, I will agree if they remove crits on arms and legs only. It's frustrating when you got crit killed in the fingers.
    Agreed. Working on it (technically, it will mean no crit from the elbows down, or from the knees down, since that's how "extremities" are defined in GRO). Programmer checked it into the build yesterday, we'll start testing it today.

Noviwan
    Quote Originally Posted by PunjiStick View Post
    If inserts are supposed to always be present, than snipers and shotguns need a damage buff to compensate.
    That "buff" is the higher level weapons. One of the reasons they do more damage is that other players have the ability to mitigate the difference via inserts. If you can afford multiple inserts all of the time, then a L30 weapon takes roughly the same number of bullets to kill you as did a L1 weapon when you had no inserts.

But the philosophy of inserts goes than that. It's not about damage (or crit) mitigation. It's about giving you interesting strategic choices. If crits are what bug you the most, you can mitigate against that. If it's high-ROF weapons you hate the most, you should use toughness. I think this is interesting gameplay as long as they are highly affordable.

Which brings me back to the subject of this thread generally, and a good read it has been. We prefer to improve imperfect systems, rather than simplify the game. Not to say we would never remove a game system but it is a last resort. And I think there are good suggestions in this thread for tuning it, like lowering the crit levels when running 'n gunning.

Athena Council Member
    - Volunteer

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
    You already can do that with inserts.
    Cut it in half and then cut the insert reduction proportionally in half. I'm just saying scale it all down, 30% chance per shot landed is insane, we shouldn't have to wear inserts just to bring that to a reasonable level, that kind of limits the customization aspect of the inserts and makes them something you need to get to be protected against the veterans.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by [UBI]ChemZero[CM] View Post
    And is one of the things that I know that our designers are investigating as one of the things we can do to improve the system.
    do not even think about removing critical hits from extremities until you fix the bugged areas and camera angles.....sometimes those lucky toe 1 hit KO criticals are the only thing that can get rid of a sniper who has glitched in tight against a wall or something and it sitting there waiting for you to return.....once those are fixed then and only then will i agree to remove crits from the arms and legs...

Athena Council Member
    - Volunteer

Xx360-NoSc0p3z-MLGxX
    Quote Originally Posted by PwnJoo View Post
    do not even think about removing critical hits from extremities until you fix the bugged areas and camera angles.....sometimes those lucky toe 1 hit KO criticals are the only thing that can get rid of a sniper who has glitched in tight against a wall or something and it sitting there waiting for you to return.....once those are fixed then and only then will i agree to remove crits from the arms and legs...
    This is also a big factor, even if I don't love the crits to begin with. They do help to balance the broken camera angles.
    - NON-JUDICIAL PUNISHMENT -
    VISIT US AT WWW.NOJUICEPLEASE.COM - APPLY TODAY

(Follow me on Twitch.TV: Twitch.TV/PunjiStick)

Banned
    right now it is probably the biggest factor in why crits need to stay as they are......there are much much bigger things that need fixing in this game first

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast