Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: There needs to be a Vote Kick Option | Forums

T_T I wish people learn to use the term TPS not FPS ~_~U

under topic: nop, no vote kick or I will be the first victim of it xD (am annoying "say campers") [even I agree am annoying sometimes hehehe]

also, next time try to tell everyone on the match he is pissing of to report him fast (wisper it to all if needed)
    "He never raised his voice. That was the worst thing... the fury of the Time Lord... and then we discovered why. Why this Doctor, who had fought with gods and demons, why he had run away from us and hidden. He was being kind..."
    --- subtle link: CDM.FOROS.WS ES EN ESPAÑOL Y TE VA A GUSTAR...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Instead of votekicking, how about adding a function similar to ignore so that you're never in a match with that person again?

" Next thing u know HvK, 404, NJP......being kicked out of matches " Bourne, why would anyone kick any player from these clans out of a match (sarcasm)? It would be very rude if players from your own team vote kicked you. For what being too good? I am pretty sure that the vote kick would be valid for your own team.
    However, I am with everyone. No vote kick, reporting works fine.

neg273C
    Absolute zero = -273.15°C or −459.67°F or 0 R or 0 K
    Got Issues? Please Submit a Ticket: Contact Support

Athena Council Member
    - Volunteer

Xx360-NoSc0p3z-MLGxX
    Quote Originally Posted by DbDBlackJack View Post
    Instead of votekicking, how about adding a function similar to ignore so that you're never in a match with that person again?
    Because again as Bourne said all of the remotely decent players would end up with no one to play against. Everyone would blacklist everyone better than them, and sooner or later no one would play against anyone.
    - NON-JUDICIAL PUNISHMENT -
    VISIT US AT WWW.NOJUICEPLEASE.COM - APPLY TODAY

(Follow me on Twitch.TV: Twitch.TV/PunjiStick)

Athena Council Member
    - Volunteer

Vote to kick is a pretty bad idea. For one thing, matchmaking is so slow sometimes that it can take a round to fill hotjoins. Secondly, vote to kick implementations have horrible implementations for games with small communities. One of our NJPer's used to play the shit out of CrossFire FPS which had a vote to kick system, and anyone even remotely good was routinely booted from matches. In the half year I've been playing this game, I only felt the urge to want to boot someone rather recently, some nub for team-nading us. That problem can be solved outside of having a vote system by implementing a 'team damage' limit that at first could delay your respawn based on the amt of team damage you have done, warning the player, and then booting them if they damage/kill any more teammates.

Noviwan
    Vote-kicking is not a good solution for GRO for the reasons mentioned. It can be very harsh especially if you had a long wait, or if the reasons for the kick are not clear. (I stopped player Left4Dead because I'd gotten vote-kicked seemingly at random.) I'd rather invest in improving matchmaking, and improving tools that help you find great team mates and matches.

30 yrs Los Angeles, 12 San Diego, 6 St. Auggie FL
    Amazing. The OP was talking about someone ON HIS SQUAD. TK. Check?
    This Challenge coin was given to each of us competitors in the 2008 Fort Benning 3-Gun Challenge hosted by the US Army Marksmanship Unit. GRO is almost as fun as those two days.

Community Manager

@UbiChem -
    The Almighty Chem El Zorro
    Bump for dev post awareness...

Athena Council Member
    - Volunteer

Xx360-NoSc0p3z-MLGxX
    Quote Originally Posted by Noviwan View Post
    Vote-kicking is not a good solution for GRO for the reasons mentioned. It can be very harsh especially if you had a long wait, or if the reasons for the kick are not clear. (I stopped player Left4Dead because I'd gotten vote-kicked seemingly at random.) I'd rather invest in improving matchmaking, and improving tools that help you find great team mates and matches.
    And removing impact grenades, I'm sure.
    - NON-JUDICIAL PUNISHMENT -
    VISIT US AT WWW.NOJUICEPLEASE.COM - APPLY TODAY

(Follow me on Twitch.TV: Twitch.TV/PunjiStick)

Retired Veteran of
    the Athena Council Member
    - Volunteer

Player of the Month
    February 2013

Mr. Postypants
    Here's to hope that Impacts gets replaced by Smoke Grenades lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast