Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: There needs to be a Vote Kick Option | Forums

Noviwan
    That, or maybe it's possible to tweak the elements that make impact grenades so frustrating. A couple minor tweaks Dracofilia has done for the next patch:
    • slightly nerfed max grenade throw (approx 20% - from 60m to just under 50m)
    • a very short fuse even on the impacts so that they're not truly instantaneous. This is to circumvent a run n gun tactic used by some top players, where they will run with an impact nade ready to throw, toss it when they encounter someone, and then quickly bring up their gun while the other player's camera is still reeling from the nade impact.

In the future I'd like to see flak armor inserts that could protect against nade damage.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Community Manager

@UbiChem -
    The Almighty Chem El Zorro
    Bump for Dev Post

So impacts are gonna stay for another patch?

Still can't see a logic for their existence.
    "Good women flow like water."
    - Sakurai Tomozo

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
    So impacts are gonna stay for another patch?

Still can't see a logic for their existence.
    :3 Shiro I always wanted to find a gif like that :3
    "He never raised his voice. That was the worst thing... the fury of the Time Lord... and then we discovered why. Why this Doctor, who had fought with gods and demons, why he had run away from us and hidden. He was being kind..."
    --- subtle link: CDM.FOROS.WS ES EN ESPAÑOL Y TE VA A GUSTAR...

Cool Dude

Player of the Month
    April 2013
    That is absolutely outstanding Noviwan.
    That post has made my day.
    And tell Dracofilia thank you for me.
    These changes have been needed for some time.

The flak vest is a excellent idea, let's do ittttttttttttt !!!!!

When using an antipersonnel grenade, the objective is to have the grenade explode so that the target is within its effective radius. The M67 frag gren has an advertised effective kill zone of five meter radius, while the casualty-inducing radius is approximately fifteen meters. Fragments can fly as far as 230 meters. Usually people in a 15 meter radius are injured enough to effectively render them harmless.

The average soldier can throw the M67 grenade 35 meters effectively.

Kinda hard to read, but true.

Last edited by Buck; 03-12-2013 at 08:30 PM.
    "Within organizations, customer satisfaction ratings can have powerful effects. They focus employees on the importance of fulfilling customers’ expectations. Furthermore, when these ratings dip, they warn of problems that can affect sales and profitability. . . . These metrics quantify an important dynamic. When a brand has loyal customers, it gains positive word-of-mouth marketing, which is both free and highly effective."

Athena Council Member
    - Volunteer

Xx360-NoSc0p3z-MLGxX
    Quote Originally Posted by Noviwan View Post
    That, or maybe it's possible to tweak the elements that make impact grenades so frustrating. A couple minor tweaks Dracofilia has done for the next patch:
    • slightly nerfed max grenade throw (approx 20% - from 60m to just under 50m)
    • a very short fuse even on the impacts so that they're not truly instantaneous. This is to circumvent a run n gun tactic used by some top players, where they will run with an impact nade ready to throw, toss it when they encounter someone, and then quickly bring up their gun while the other player's camera is still reeling from the nade impact.

In the future I'd like to see flak armor inserts that could protect against nade damage.
    Tweaking impact grenade elements to lower frustration! I found the PERFECT element within the impact grenade to tweak!

Their existence!

No other tweaks needed! Yay!
    - NON-JUDICIAL PUNISHMENT -
    VISIT US AT WWW.NOJUICEPLEASE.COM - APPLY TODAY

(Follow me on Twitch.TV: Twitch.TV/PunjiStick)

Noviwan
    Removing things from the game is always possible, but is a last resort for me. I prefer not to lose complexities or subtleties in the game systems, but to find out why something is imperfect and then improve it.

Same approach we're taking with the weapon proficiency system. It's causing some frustration, but it's also an enjoyable part of progression, something you can do even once you hit the level cap. We dug a bit deeper into the complaints, and the most frequent concern was the random part of the system, where you would get a base percentage of crits even in full run 'n gun action. So we're tuning that (also next patch) and then we'll reevaluate with you (the players) and see if it's good.

Community Manager

@UbiChem -
    The Almighty Chem El Zorro
    Bump for dev post

Athena Council Member
    - Volunteer

Xx360-NoSc0p3z-MLGxX
    Quote Originally Posted by Noviwan View Post
    Removing things from the game is always possible, but is a last resort for me. I prefer not to lose complexities or subtleties in the game systems, but to find out why something is imperfect and then improve it.

Same approach we're taking with the weapon proficiency system. It's causing some frustration, but it's also an enjoyable part of progression, something you can do even once you hit the level cap. We dug a bit deeper into the complaints, and the most frequent concern was the random part of the system, where you would get a base percentage of crits even in full run 'n gun action. So we're tuning that (also next patch) and then we'll reevaluate with you (the players) and see if it's good.
    I used to be VERY against crits and the weapon proficiency system, however after talking to Chem and Roby extensively about the reasoning behind it I've changed my opinion and see the relevance of crits in this game. That being said, I have yet to hear a single shred of even remotely decent reasoning as to why impacts are even a positive piece of this game, never mind an important one.

I believe it was pinky or Cort that said it perfectly, they break all the reward of using cover or using abilities. There is no counter, once someone decides to throw them at you, you're just dead. You can't run or do anything about it. Just respawn. It's not fun, tactical, skill oriented, or anything. Just a free easy kill.
    - NON-JUDICIAL PUNISHMENT -
    VISIT US AT WWW.NOJUICEPLEASE.COM - APPLY TODAY

(Follow me on Twitch.TV: Twitch.TV/PunjiStick)

Quote Originally Posted by Kruelt View Post
    GRO has one of the best FPS communities you will find these days. The last thing we need is a vote kick that every 12 year old is going to abuse.
    good point, i don't see the need for it at this rate

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast