Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Keeps Closing | Forums

Game Keeps Closing

The screen that the game comes up on keeps closing while I am in the middle of a game! How am I supposed to keep playing a game when I can't even get through the first round of a match!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi,

It sounds like your system is having a hard time running GRO. This could mean that it does not meet the system requirements. For further investigation you can refer to this link to the system requirements: http://ghost-recon.ubi.com/ghost-rec...t=tcm:6-231-32

or send us a support ticket here: http://ghost-recon.ubi.com/ghost-rec...t/contact.aspx

The only requirement it does not meet is that I am running Windows 8. I have a 2.4ghz processor, 8gb ram, 750gb hdd. My default browser is Google Chrome. Would that cause a problem?

Athena Council Member
    - Volunteer

Player of the Month
    February 2013

Mr. Postypants
    Windows 8 is not supported by GR:O right now.

As long as you have Internet Explorer and .Net Framework (which you do if you can get on the game in the first place), you'll be ok in the regard of browser choice.

What is your Graphics card?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by James811 View Post
    The only requirement it does not meet is that I am running Windows 8. I have a 2.4ghz processor, 8gb ram, 750gb hdd. My default browser is Google Chrome. Would that cause a problem?
    also are you using a realtek sound device? either integrated or a pcie card style? realtek has had trouble with this game in the past with is virtual surround sound for headsets.....i had to turn it off and run in stereo speaker mode in order to keep my game from crashing.. not sure why realtek is such a problem but its just more things that need to be optimized properly i guess,,,,,

so if you have a realtek sound device....open the program it gives and make sure you have virtual surround sound off or unchecked....and speaker options set to stereo.....this will be the only method the game runs smooth without crashing if that is the case......but the random close to desktop without giving a warning or crash error could also be a product of the many memory leaks within the sound and graphics files of the game.... so changing settings on your hardware may help reduce the frequency but may not completely get rid of it

yeah this happened to me 2 minutes ago right before I joined a game.

Hi there,

Currently, GRO does not support Windows 8. There are some players who seem to be able to play on Windows 8, with the right work around. We do not have a formal work around to give players at this time. You should be able to get more info on this from other players through out the forum.

My game keeps closing at the loading screen with no error message or anything. At first the game would give me an error massage but after i reinstalled the game it just closes.
    Last edited by Hawx; 03-10-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by [UBI]Torrent[GM] View Post
    Hi there,

Currently, GRO does not support Windows 8. There are some players who seem to be able to play on Windows 8, with the right work around. We do not have a formal work around to give players at this time. You should be able to get more info on this from other players through out the forum.
    Thats interesting, im running windows8 and the game is working just fine as a beta and i didnt have to tweak anything.

Athena Council Member
    - Volunteer

Player of the Month
    February 2013

Mr. Postypants
    Then something must be different between you and the other Win 8 users then, Nob. Not even my girlfriend can run GRO in her Win 8 machine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast